Thursday, May 6, 2010

We did it!


Last night was the opening for THIS NEVER HAPPENED...
My set up. It was nice to have my own little corner where people could really spend some time with the work...
Especially because I was asking a lot of my viewer. Write what you're letting go of, cut a lock of hair and place it in a bottle.

And then there was Jordan. He contacted me just before the opening to ask if I would shave his head. I agreed, and asked him to keep writing what he was letting go of until all of his hair was gone.
This is the aftermath- the hair that isn't in the bottles belongs to him as well as the tags hanging off of the shelf.

I will update with more pictures later. I am so proud of my show group, everyone did an amazing job in making our show what it was!














1 comment:

  1. Amy,

    This work was really well thought out and definitely very deeply felt. I think it was fantastic, I can't wait to see more from the tattooing series. Will you be video documenting the release of the bottles?

    Zoppo

    ReplyDelete